Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tried - How-to pore strip

When I saw this article from Pinterest I was very intrigued and eager to try it:

http://petitelefant.com/how-to-pore-strips/

A few days later, I got the same gelatin as in the instructions and tried this pore strip myself. I have to say, the over-all outcome was very good - my face was very soft afterwards and it definitely did wonders for my pores.

There were definitely a couple of downsides to this DIY pore strip though that I did not read about in the blog. After I microwaved the concoction, it stunk SO bad. I'm talking a terrible stench with a hint of cow. It was so stinky that I could barely stand it and my cat followed me around meowing and purring because she found it appealing. Also, when I went to peal the strip off of my face, it was very painful. It dried into the hair on the side of my face and - holy cow - that was painful!

If the stench and hair-pulling doesn't bother you, then I would definitely recommend the recipe because, despite my whining, it worked very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment